Thursday, April 19, 2007

When Small Press is Too Small

Rejected from another distributor again. I'm finding that this whole "print magazine" thing is a lot harder in 2007 than it was in 1994. My quest for distributors is almost as bad as my search for advertisers. Today I got this rejection:

It isn't that anything is wrong with the magazine, but as a company we are trying to only do more with multiple title publishers. A lot of work goes into single titles and it was not cost effective for us to service them at this time.

The situation is getting so that I'm thinking Cashiers du Cinemart #15 might be my last issue. After that perhaps I'll try my hand at on-demand printing from places like iUniverse or Lulu. I'm trying to put on a happy face and make sure this next (last?) issue is as good as it can be.

If I can get this issue distributed maybe I'll finally do a "best of" issue and then one final hurrah in order to make sure all subscribers get their money's worth. I don't want to pull a Film Threat and not fulfill every issue that people have paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment